Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
American Cancer Society Seeks 1000 Area Residents To Particpate In Study
The American Cancer Society needs people age 30 - 65 who have never had cancer for a nationwide study about who does and doesn't get cancer, and why. Michael Edward Miller spoke with Kara Neloms, Communications and Marketing Associate Director, Mission Support, about the study.
It's huge--up to half a million people from around the United States are expected to join. The American Cancer society wants a thousand of those participants to be from the Chattanooga area. A kickoff event will take place at Olivet Baptist Church on Thursday, June 28th starting at 8:45 a.m. More information is available by calling 423-499-2600 or e-mailing Kristi.Moore@cancer.org. RSVPs are requested by June 27th.