Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
American Cancer Society Seeks 1000 Area Residents To Particpate In Study
The American Cancer Society needs people age 30 - 65 who have never had cancer for a nationwide study about who does and doesn't get cancer, and why. Michael Edward Miller spoke with Kara Neloms, Communications and Marketing Associate Director, Mission Support, about the study.
It's huge--up to half a million people from around the United States are expected to join. The American Cancer society wants a thousand of those participants to be from the Chattanooga area. A kickoff event will take place at Olivet Baptist Church on Thursday, June 28th starting at 8:45 a.m. More information is available by calling 423-499-2600 or e-mailing Kristi.Moore@cancer.org. RSVPs are requested by June 27th.