Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Back On The Air, Stephen Colbert Gives Nod To Ailing Mom
Originally published on Tue February 21, 2012 8:04 am
Without directly saying so, Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert all-but-confirmed last night that he was off the air for two days last week because his 91-year-old mother Lorna has been ill.
After dismissing some of the funnier, "wild rumors" about why The Colbert Report had suddenly gone dark (no, he didn't get an eye job), Stephen turned to the camera to say that "evidently, having 11 children makes you tough as nails ... confidential to a lovely lady" (at which point he did one of those point-at-your-nose gestures).