Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
Back On The Air, Stephen Colbert Gives Nod To Ailing Mom
Originally published on Tue February 21, 2012 8:04 am
Without directly saying so, Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert all-but-confirmed last night that he was off the air for two days last week because his 91-year-old mother Lorna has been ill.
After dismissing some of the funnier, "wild rumors" about why The Colbert Report had suddenly gone dark (no, he didn't get an eye job), Stephen turned to the camera to say that "evidently, having 11 children makes you tough as nails ... confidential to a lovely lady" (at which point he did one of those point-at-your-nose gestures).