Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Around the Nation
Bakery Apparently Mishears Cake Order
Originally published on Tue June 18, 2013 1:52 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with congratulations to Laura Gramble. She graduated from Indiana University. To celebrate, mom ordered a cake - Indiana red and white with a photo of Laura's face. And one more request, a graduation cap made of icing.
The baker evidently misheard and drew a cat, instead, on Laura's head - pink nose, white whiskers. The Grambles laughed it off, and kept the cake from the bakery. Laura says they must have thought she was going to become a veterinarian.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.