Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
The Best of Both Worlds: Homeschool and Cyber School
Betsy Sunder's six children stay home for school every day and accomplish their studies with the help of the Georgia Cyber Academy.
The Sunder's oldest son, Eddie, recently graduated from high school as the Salutatorian of the Georgia Cyber Academy Class of 2014. According to Betsy Sunder, the cyber academy offers the perfect blend of home school and public school. Students interact with their teachers and classmates on a computer via the internet. The cyber academy programming is overseen by public school systems and have minimal face to face requirements beyond applicable standardized testing. Curriculum materials are provided free of charge to the families and multiple field trips provide important opportunities to interact with peers and learn through valuable regional resources. Information on the Georgia Cyber Academy and Tennessee Virtual Academy is available at www.k12.com.