Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Biannual Meacham Writers' Workshop Takes Place Oct 24th - Oct 26th
From a media release:
Offering free readings and workshops twice a year, the biannual conference connects local writers with award-winning authors.
Since 1985 the Meacham Writers’ Conference has been an opportunity for the Chattanooga community improve their own writing, as well as appreciate the work of nationally and internationally acclaimed authors. Each conference includes public readings by the visiting authors, as well as workshops for local writers to receive feedback and instruction from the published writers. All events are free and open to the public.
Visiting writers this conference include Robert Penn Warren Award winner Allen Wier, director of Elizabethtown College Writers House Jesse Waters, Lori Jakiela, Keith Flynn, Caleb Ludwick, Sebastian Matthews, and Emilia Phillips.
Readings will be held on Thursday, October 24 at 7:00pm at Chattanooga State, Health Science Center, HSC 1085; Friday, October 25 at 12:00pm at UTC, University Center, Chattanooga Room, and 2:00pm at UTC, Ocoee Room and Riverbend Room, as well as 7:00pm at UTC, Grote Hall, Room 129; and Saturday, October 26 at 1:00pm at the Chattanooga Theatre Center.
Creative writing workshops will be held on Saturday, October 26 from 9:00am to 12:00pm at UTC’s University Center.