Most Active Stories
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
Best New Read
‘Bullets and Bread’ Serves Up WWII Memories, Chow Trivia
Kent Whitaker, a culinary author who lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee, has collected dozens of anecdotes, historical facts, humorous stories and first-person accounts in his new book Bullets and Bread: The Story of the Sacrifice in American Homes to Feed Troops in World War II. He joins WUTC for an interview.