Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Originally published on Tue June 18, 2013 1:52 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news begins with Ben Bernanke's future.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: OK, President Obama has given the clearest hint yet, that Ben Bernanke's time as chairman of the Federal Reserve may soon be up. In an interview that aired last night on PBS's "Charlie Rose" program, the president said this...
(SOUNDBITE OF "CHARLIE ROSE" SHOW)
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: I think Ben Bernanke's done an outstanding job. Ben Bernanke's a little bit like Bob Mueller, the head of the FBI...
CHARLIE ROSE, HOST:
OBAMA: ...where he's already stayed a lot longer than he wanted or he was supposed to.
GREENE: Maybe that's a hit. Bernanke's term expires early next year. The White House is said to be considering Deputy Fed Chair Janet Yellin as a replacement, as well as two former Treasury secretaries, Larry Summers and Timothy Geithner. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.