Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Facebook Raises Anticipated Stock Price
Originally published on Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a price hike for Facebook shares.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: OK, they're not even on sale yet, but investor excitement over Facebook's upcoming initial public offering has prompted the company to raise the price range for its shares. Sources say the new range will be from $34 to $38 per share. That's up from a previous range of $28 to $35.
The price boost could now push Facebook's value to over $100 billion once it goes public. While there is much frenzy surrounding the social network's upcoming IPO, some analysts say the company is overvalued, especially given its first-quarter decline in profits and revenue. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.