Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Originally published on Tue September 4, 2012 12:38 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with iPhones and Kindles and Droids - oh, my.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Tech giants Nokia, Motorola and Amazon are all expected to announce new hand-held devices this week. It may be an attempt to keep pace with Apple, now the largest U.S. company ever. Apple's rumored to be unveiling its new iPhone at a news conference next week.
Tomorrow, Motorola is expected announce its new Droid Razor phone. Also tomorrow, Nokia looks likely to debut mobile devices that run on the newest Windows phone operating system. And later in the week, not to be outdone, Amazon is expected to announce a new version of its tablet reading device, the Kindle Fire. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.