Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Originally published on Tue September 4, 2012 12:38 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with iPhones and Kindles and Droids - oh, my.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Tech giants Nokia, Motorola and Amazon are all expected to announce new hand-held devices this week. It may be an attempt to keep pace with Apple, now the largest U.S. company ever. Apple's rumored to be unveiling its new iPhone at a news conference next week.
Tomorrow, Motorola is expected announce its new Droid Razor phone. Also tomorrow, Nokia looks likely to debut mobile devices that run on the newest Windows phone operating system. And later in the week, not to be outdone, Amazon is expected to announce a new version of its tablet reading device, the Kindle Fire. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.