Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
Business News: A Man, A Plan, A Canal
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a man, a plan, a canal.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Not Panama this time. This canal is in Nicaragua. Yesterday, the Nicaraguan congress granted a Chinese tycoon the exclusive right to develop a multi-billion dollar rival to the Panama Canal. The bill grants the investor 50 years of control over the potential shipping route - pending a study of its viability. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.