Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Camping in a cardboard box
Family Promise provides temporary shelter for families with children and adolescents. The Box City Camp Out is a fundraiser event and offers the opportunity to experience a small part of what it feels like to be homeless. Participants will create their own temporary shelter with cardboard, recyclables or other materials they have on hand. A soup kitchen meal will be provided. Groups, families and individuals can register to spend one night outside in whatever shelter they can build for themselves.