Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Camping in a cardboard box
Family Promise provides temporary shelter for families with children and adolescents. The Box City Camp Out is a fundraiser event and offers the opportunity to experience a small part of what it feels like to be homeless. Participants will create their own temporary shelter with cardboard, recyclables or other materials they have on hand. A soup kitchen meal will be provided. Groups, families and individuals can register to spend one night outside in whatever shelter they can build for themselves.