Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Camping in a cardboard box
Family Promise provides temporary shelter for families with children and adolescents. The Box City Camp Out is a fundraiser event and offers the opportunity to experience a small part of what it feels like to be homeless. Participants will create their own temporary shelter with cardboard, recyclables or other materials they have on hand. A soup kitchen meal will be provided. Groups, families and individuals can register to spend one night outside in whatever shelter they can build for themselves.