Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Camping in a cardboard box
Family Promise provides temporary shelter for families with children and adolescents. The Box City Camp Out is a fundraiser event and offers the opportunity to experience a small part of what it feels like to be homeless. Participants will create their own temporary shelter with cardboard, recyclables or other materials they have on hand. A soup kitchen meal will be provided. Groups, families and individuals can register to spend one night outside in whatever shelter they can build for themselves.