Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
Camping in a cardboard box
Family Promise provides temporary shelter for families with children and adolescents. The Box City Camp Out is a fundraiser event and offers the opportunity to experience a small part of what it feels like to be homeless. Participants will create their own temporary shelter with cardboard, recyclables or other materials they have on hand. A soup kitchen meal will be provided. Groups, families and individuals can register to spend one night outside in whatever shelter they can build for themselves.