Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
The Ultimate In Local Food?
Can A Backyard Feed A Whole Family? Suburban Homesteaders Try
Homesteading dates back to the pioneer days (remember Little House On The Prairie?), when families grew much of their own food on their own land. In the modern version, homesteaders avoid grocery stores by planting backyard gardens and raising pigs, rabbits and other animals for meat. In this segment, WUTC visits Monica and Byron DeLoach, homesteaders who live in North Georgia.
Oscar Hank Will, author of Plowing with Pigs and Other Creative, Low-Budget Homesteading Solutions, also joins in the conversation.
Taste Of Chattanooga