Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Canadian Man Returns To Ireland To Find Lost Love
Originally published on Mon September 24, 2012 11:10 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Sandy Crocker has gone more than 500 miles for love. The Canadian man was touring in Ireland when he met a freckled woman with reddish brown hair. They spoke for a couple minutes at a café, then she left. Back in Canada, he was heartbroken.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "I'M GONNA BE (500 MILES)")
THE PROCLAIMERS: (Singing) But I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more...
GREENE: Now Crocker's back in Ireland and plans to spend a months searching for the girl who got away. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.