Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Friday, March 20’s Giveaway: an iPad Mini 3
Celebrate the Heritage of American Music August 10 & 11 at the Bessie Smith Heritage Festival
The 6th annual Bessie Smith Heritage Festival in Chattanooga Tennessee is a celebration of jazz and soul music. This year the festival will be held in the Bessie Smith Cultural Center in the heart of Chattanooga.
Saturday's musical line up features Neo-Soul performers as well as Rhythm and Blues with performances by Stokley Williams from the '90's band Mint Condition. Kindred the Family Soul, Tawanna Shaunte & Olamide Daison,and Ogya will also be performing. Doors open at 6:00 for the 7:00 PM concert.
Sunday the 6:00 PM concert will include jazz violinist Michael Ward, jazz guitarists Eric Essix, recording artist Joe Johnson and jazz trumpeter Joey Sommerville. Doors open at 5:00 PM on Sunday. There is limited seating available.
Soul food and other ethnic food will be available at the festival. Valid identification will be required to purchase alcohol at the festival. Tickets are available for individual days of the festival or a special 2 day pass can be purchased. Advance tickets offer a small discount and full price tickets will be available at the door. Call 423-266-8658 for more information.