Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
Chattanooga Author’s Creation Debuts on Free Comic Book Day
Shane Berryhill’s new comic book series Sherwood, Texas will debut on Free Comic Book Day, which is Saturday, May 3rd. WUTC’s Michael Edward Miller speaks with Berryhill about the series, which is a modern re-imagining of the Robin Hood story.
The publisher, 12 Gague Comics, describes it like this:
A story older than all of us, told now for the first time!
After the same biker gang who murdered his father leaves ROB HOOD for dead, he returns to seek revenge on an epic, blood-soaked scale. Combining the biker gang epic with Spaghetti Western sensibilities, SHERWOOD, TX retells the legend of Robin Hood as a modern day, noir-action opus. Hood is joined on his quest by Padre Elvin Tuck, Will Scarlet, and Little John, as they take on the crooked Sheriff of Nottingham, TX and his partners in crime, The Nobles biker gang and their leader John Prince.
Included in this 12-Gauge FCBD issue is a special BOONDOCK SAINTS co-feature, written by film-franchise creator/writer/director Troy Duffy and comic scribe J.B. Love, with art by Toby Cypress! Fans of the film series won't want to miss this short story/deleted scene from the original cult-classic film, as the MacManus brothers bring their brand of justice to the criminals of Boston, MA.
Berryhill, also known for writing the Chance Fortune series of young adult novels, has a couple of signings on May 3rd: Dr. No’s in Marietta, GA at noon, and Epikos in Ooltewah at 6 p.m.