Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
Chattanooga Executives Locked-Up for MDA 8/28
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is hosting the 2014 MDA Executive Lock-Up on August 28th.
During the day on Thursday volunteers will arrive at offices across the Scenic City to escort executives to the Double Tree for their time in Lock-Up. The goal is to make bail to be released. Funds from this event will help put a child with Muscular Dystrophy through summer camp. The camp is provided free to the family. MDA has to raise $800 per child to cover the cost of camp. Other programs funded by the MDA Executive Lock-Up include flu shots, repair of wheelchairs and leg braces, funding for research, and clinics that specialize in neuromuscular diseases. I am participating this year and you are invited to help me make my bail with your donation.