Most Active Stories
- Listener Support Keeps WUTC On The Air. Please Donate Today.
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Start It Up Episode 7: Teen Startup Thrives and Glass Street Bounces Back
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Chattanooga Executives Locked-Up for MDA 8/28
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is hosting the 2014 MDA Executive Lock-Up on August 28th.
During the day on Thursday volunteers will arrive at offices across the Scenic City to escort executives to the Double Tree for their time in Lock-Up. The goal is to make bail to be released. Funds from this event will help put a child with Muscular Dystrophy through summer camp. The camp is provided free to the family. MDA has to raise $800 per child to cover the cost of camp. Other programs funded by the MDA Executive Lock-Up include flu shots, repair of wheelchairs and leg braces, funding for research, and clinics that specialize in neuromuscular diseases. I am participating this year and you are invited to help me make my bail with your donation.