Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Chattanooga In The Movies
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – If you're a movie buff, you know Water For Elephants was partially shot right here in the Chattanooga area. It's one of the most prominent films to have a Scenic City connection--but it's not the first time Hollywood stars and major directors have come here. Actually, more than 25 notable films were shot near Chattanooga or in North Georgia.
In this segment we talk about some of the most notable films shot in our area--films involving actors such as Mark Hamill, Dennis Quaid, Montgmery Clift and Jeff Bridges, as well as directors such as John Carpenter, George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola.