Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- A 73-Year-Old Man vs Rebel Invaders: The Civil War Story Behind This Historical Marker
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
Destinations & Diversions
Chattanooga Nature Center Is a World Away, but Only Minutes from Downtown
The Chattanooga Nature Center and Arboretum and Reflection Riding is a peaceful oasis just minutes from downtown. Circling the foot of Lookout Mountain, Reflection Riding is acres of open pasture and woodland bisected by miles of trails that wind through the woods and beside the river that snakes though the property. Michael Green, one of the dozens of volunteers who run the Nature Center, takes us for a short walk through the property, stopping at the animal sanctuary, which is one of the center’s biggest draws.