Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Destinations & Diversions
Chattanooga Nature Center Is a World Away, but Only Minutes from Downtown
The Chattanooga Nature Center and Arboretum and Reflection Riding is a peaceful oasis just minutes from downtown. Circling the foot of Lookout Mountain, Reflection Riding is acres of open pasture and woodland bisected by miles of trails that wind through the woods and beside the river that snakes though the property. Michael Green, one of the dozens of volunteers who run the Nature Center, takes us for a short walk through the property, stopping at the animal sanctuary, which is one of the center’s biggest draws.