Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Chattanooga Ranked as More Bike-Friendly
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Tennessee was recently ranked 24th in the nation as a bicycle friendly state, moving up 19 spots since 2009.
The announcement was made by the League of American Bicyclists at their third annual rankings. The state of Tennessee also improved, and it moved to 24th place this year, from a number 43 ranking last year. Locally, Chattanooga has been recognized as a bronze level bicycle friendly city.