Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Chattanooga Ranked as More Bike-Friendly
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Tennessee was recently ranked 24th in the nation as a bicycle friendly state, moving up 19 spots since 2009.
The announcement was made by the League of American Bicyclists at their third annual rankings. The state of Tennessee also improved, and it moved to 24th place this year, from a number 43 ranking last year. Locally, Chattanooga has been recognized as a bronze level bicycle friendly city.