Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Chattanooga Ranked as More Bike-Friendly
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Tennessee was recently ranked 24th in the nation as a bicycle friendly state, moving up 19 spots since 2009.
The announcement was made by the League of American Bicyclists at their third annual rankings. The state of Tennessee also improved, and it moved to 24th place this year, from a number 43 ranking last year. Locally, Chattanooga has been recognized as a bronze level bicycle friendly city.