Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Chattanooga Ranked as More Bike-Friendly
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Tennessee was recently ranked 24th in the nation as a bicycle friendly state, moving up 19 spots since 2009.
The announcement was made by the League of American Bicyclists at their third annual rankings. The state of Tennessee also improved, and it moved to 24th place this year, from a number 43 ranking last year. Locally, Chattanooga has been recognized as a bronze level bicycle friendly city.