Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
Chattanooga Ranked as More Bike-Friendly
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Tennessee was recently ranked 24th in the nation as a bicycle friendly state, moving up 19 spots since 2009.
The announcement was made by the League of American Bicyclists at their third annual rankings. The state of Tennessee also improved, and it moved to 24th place this year, from a number 43 ranking last year. Locally, Chattanooga has been recognized as a bronze level bicycle friendly city.