Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
The Chattanooga Yarn Mafia
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – Members of the Chattanooga Yarn Mafia are yarnbombers, yarn graffiti artists that have been covering parts of Chattanooga in brightly colored yarns. They are also promoting fiber arts while having a lot of fun. Part of the mission of this unofficial organization is to spread the joy of hand made hats and scarves through charity fiber art projects.
The Queen of Yarnbombing in Chattanooga is Red McCord. According to McCord, to become a member in this secret organization you need to personally know someone that is already involved. The yarn grafitti artists involved with the Chattanooga Yarn Mafia rarely announce where they will be next but you might be able to see their work on Saturday, June 18 in Coolidge Park for World Wide Knit in Public Day.