Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- So Lit Book Club discusses 'Bringing It to the Table' by Wendell Berry
Arts & Culture
Christian Collier Screens film 'Press, Pause, Play' at Hunter Museum
The documentary Press, Pause, Play will be screened at the Hunter Museum on September 20th, 2012. A panel discussion will follow with film organizer Christian Collier, artist Isaac Duncan and Professor Phillip Lewis.
The film asks if democratized culture means better art, or not. Collier is a poet and organizes the Manifest series in Chattanooga. He says that digital technology has, "Sped up peoples' consumptive habits," and given anyone so inclined the ability to create and distribute art from home. Does this mean the death of great art and the industries that create and promote it?