Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Arts & Culture
Christian Collier Screens film 'Press, Pause, Play' at Hunter Museum
The documentary Press, Pause, Play will be screened at the Hunter Museum on September 20th, 2012. A panel discussion will follow with film organizer Christian Collier, artist Isaac Duncan and Professor Phillip Lewis.
The film asks if democratized culture means better art, or not. Collier is a poet and organizes the Manifest series in Chattanooga. He says that digital technology has, "Sped up peoples' consumptive habits," and given anyone so inclined the ability to create and distribute art from home. Does this mean the death of great art and the industries that create and promote it?