Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Arts & Culture
Christian Collier Screens film 'Press, Pause, Play' at Hunter Museum
The documentary Press, Pause, Play will be screened at the Hunter Museum on September 20th, 2012. A panel discussion will follow with film organizer Christian Collier, artist Isaac Duncan and Professor Phillip Lewis.
The film asks if democratized culture means better art, or not. Collier is a poet and organizes the Manifest series in Chattanooga. He says that digital technology has, "Sped up peoples' consumptive habits," and given anyone so inclined the ability to create and distribute art from home. Does this mean the death of great art and the industries that create and promote it?