Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Arts & Culture
Christian Collier Screens film 'Press, Pause, Play' at Hunter Museum
The documentary Press, Pause, Play will be screened at the Hunter Museum on September 20th, 2012. A panel discussion will follow with film organizer Christian Collier, artist Isaac Duncan and Professor Phillip Lewis.
The film asks if democratized culture means better art, or not. Collier is a poet and organizes the Manifest series in Chattanooga. He says that digital technology has, "Sped up peoples' consumptive habits," and given anyone so inclined the ability to create and distribute art from home. Does this mean the death of great art and the industries that create and promote it?