Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
'Cluster Balloon' Daredevils Attempt Record Flight
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 12:17 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renée Montagne. In the Pixar movie "Up" a man lifts his house up and away using a huge bundle of colorful balloons. In real life cluster balloons are daredevils. Last weekend, an American teamed up with an Iraqi to try and break the world record for longest tandem cluster balloon flight. The men took off from a parking lot in Oregon and hoped to make it to Montana. Thunderstorms cut their trip short and kept them from getting the record. e weather didn't cooperate. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.