Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
'Cocktails' Event 2/28 Supports Conservation at Chattanooga Zoo
Cocktails for Conservation is an annual event that supports on-going wildlife conservation programs at the Chattanooga Zoo.
On February 28th from 6 to 8 PM the Zoo will host a cocktail party with heavy h'orderves and an opportunity to learn more about conservation efforts like the Snow Leopard Trust, the Zoo Conservation Outreach Group and some of the Species Survival Plans for critically endangered animals that the Chattanooga Zoo is involved with.
There is a discount for tickets purchased at the Chattanooga Zoo Gift Shop or online before closing on Thursday, February 27. Tickets will also be available at the door. The rest of the zoo will be closed during the event but there will be a chance to see the exhibits at Forests and Deserts as well as a behind the scenes look at the "Love Shack" where on-going breeding programs are working to restore populations of endangered species.
Participants must be 21 years of age or older to attend.