Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
The Compassionate Friends, a bereavement group for parents, are hosting a candle light event on Sunday December 8th from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at the Loose Cannon Gallery to honor memories of their children.
The Compassionate Friends meet the second Sunday of each month at the First Centenary Methodist Church at 419 McCallie Ave as a self help group for parents and families grieving the death of a child. The Candle Light Vigil planned for Sunday, December 8th is part of a world wide event. At 7:00 PM in every time zone across the globe families whose children have died will gather to light candles, tell stories and remember the lives of those they have lost. The Chattanooga chapter of Compassionate Friends also encourages families to bring photos and the child's favorite food to be included in a feast of mac & cheese and chicken fingers. Participating families are asked to arrive by 6:30 to prepare for the event. RSVP by calling Kim at (423) 942-9206.
Holidays and birthdays are difficult times for families after a child has died. The Compassionate Friends provide opportunities to share memories of their loved ones in a safe environment where no one worries about shedding tears and everyone else there understands what you are going through.