Most Active Stories
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- We're Off To See Appalachia: The Crooked Road Links Rural Music Communities
- Fat Shirley's: A Trailer Park Opera at the MACC
Contemporary Classical Greek
The classical Greek tale of Orpheus and Euridice will be performed by the Music Department and Theatre and Speech Department of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in partnership with the Theater of the New South.
Composer Ricky Ian Gordon premiered this concert for soprano, clarinet and piano in 2001. On September 21st the performance at UTC adds dancers and a very modern look to this classic Greek tragedy. There will be a matinee performance of Orpheus and Euridice on Thursday, September 20th at 10:30 AM for students and the evening performance at 7:30 PM on September 21st in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall in the Fine Arts Center on UTC's campus. This event is free and open to the public.