Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Solar Eclipse Wows Parts Of Europe, Middle East And Russia
- Monday, March 23’s Giveaway: HD Radios
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
Contemporary Classical Greek
The classical Greek tale of Orpheus and Euridice will be performed by the Music Department and Theatre and Speech Department of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in partnership with the Theater of the New South.
Composer Ricky Ian Gordon premiered this concert for soprano, clarinet and piano in 2001. On September 21st the performance at UTC adds dancers and a very modern look to this classic Greek tragedy. There will be a matinee performance of Orpheus and Euridice on Thursday, September 20th at 10:30 AM for students and the evening performance at 7:30 PM on September 21st in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall in the Fine Arts Center on UTC's campus. This event is free and open to the public.