Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga to Perform 'Requiem for the Living'
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
Contemporary Classical Greek
The classical Greek tale of Orpheus and Euridice will be performed by the Music Department and Theatre and Speech Department of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in partnership with the Theater of the New South.
Composer Ricky Ian Gordon premiered this concert for soprano, clarinet and piano in 2001. On September 21st the performance at UTC adds dancers and a very modern look to this classic Greek tragedy. There will be a matinee performance of Orpheus and Euridice on Thursday, September 20th at 10:30 AM for students and the evening performance at 7:30 PM on September 21st in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall in the Fine Arts Center on UTC's campus. This event is free and open to the public.