Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Corker Claims UAW Vote Will Influence New VW Production
Chattanooga has been named as a likely site for production of Volkswagen's newest sport utility vehicle. But U.S. Senator Bob Corker says if plant workers decide to reject the United Auto Workers, that could clinch the deal.
“I’ve had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga,” said Corker in a statement released today.
Voting is underway today, Thursday and Friday at Chattanooga's VW plant. It's unclear whether or not workers will accept or reject UAW representation, and both pro- and anti-union groups are predicting victory.