Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
Corker Claims UAW Vote Will Influence New VW Production
Chattanooga has been named as a likely site for production of Volkswagen's newest sport utility vehicle. But U.S. Senator Bob Corker says if plant workers decide to reject the United Auto Workers, that could clinch the deal.
“I’ve had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga,” said Corker in a statement released today.
Voting is underway today, Thursday and Friday at Chattanooga's VW plant. It's unclear whether or not workers will accept or reject UAW representation, and both pro- and anti-union groups are predicting victory.