Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
Crabtree Farms Prepares for Fall Plant Sale & Festival
Crabtree Farms is hosting the 12th annual Fall Plant Sale on Saturday September 6th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The farm is located at 1000 East 30th Street a few blocks off of Rossville Boulevard. Crabtree Farms is a nonprofit urban teaching farm with a focus on sustainable farming and food production techniques. The fall plant sale offers a selection of annual winter vegetables, herbs, perennial foods and flowers. There will be local artisan crafts available as well as children's activities. Free workshops will fill up quickly and include:
- 10:00-11:00: Fall Gardening with Crabtree Farms’ Sara McIntyre
- 11:00-12:00: “Composting: Easy as Dirt” with Master Gardener Bud Hines
- 12:00-12:30: 5-minute cheese with CeCe McDermott of 423 Balm
- 1:00-1:30: Kids Yoga (Ages 3-6) with Melanie Mayo
- 1:30-2:00: Kids Yoga (Ages 7-12) with Melanie Mayo
Free parking and admission.