Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Crowdfunding Sought for 'Game of Horror' Graphic Novel
Chattanooga, Tennessee author Shane Berryhill and Waynesville, North Carolina artist James E. Lyle collaborated to create Game of Horror, a graphic novel described as "The Hunger Games meets classic monster cinema in an action-packed tale of terror."
In the story, an undead girl named Lily fights ghouls in a combat tournament, and the tale is meant as an allegory for human trafficking. The creators are seeking Kickstarter funds to publish the graphic novel.
Berryhill joins WUTC for an interview about Game of Horror, as well as one of his previous novels, Dragon Island. A Chattanooga resident and South Pittsburg, Tennessee native, Berryhill has already won acclaim for his Chance Fortune books for younger readers.