Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Crowdfunding Sought for 'Game of Horror' Graphic Novel
Chattanooga, Tennessee author Shane Berryhill and Waynesville, North Carolina artist James E. Lyle collaborated to create Game of Horror, a graphic novel described as "The Hunger Games meets classic monster cinema in an action-packed tale of terror."
In the story, an undead girl named Lily fights ghouls in a combat tournament, and the tale is meant as an allegory for human trafficking. The creators are seeking Kickstarter funds to publish the graphic novel.
Berryhill joins WUTC for an interview about Game of Horror, as well as one of his previous novels, Dragon Island. A Chattanooga resident and South Pittsburg, Tennessee native, Berryhill has already won acclaim for his Chance Fortune books for younger readers.