Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
A Different Sort of Recycling Program
The Chattanooga Community Kitchen has been with Chattanooga for thirty years. Besides feeding and clothing the homeless, the Community Kitchen also has a recycling program. Along with plastic, aluminum, tin, and paper, the Community Kitchen also recycles scrap metal, clothing, and house appliances.
One element that sets the Community Kitchen's recycling program from others is that they don't demand the recyclables to be sorted beforehand by their donors. Around and About producer Garrett Crowe went to the Chattanooga Community Kitchen and explored their operation.
That Entrepreneurial Spirit