Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
A Different Sort of Recycling Program
The Chattanooga Community Kitchen has been with Chattanooga for thirty years. Besides feeding and clothing the homeless, the Community Kitchen also has a recycling program. Along with plastic, aluminum, tin, and paper, the Community Kitchen also recycles scrap metal, clothing, and house appliances.
One element that sets the Community Kitchen's recycling program from others is that they don't demand the recyclables to be sorted beforehand by their donors. Around and About producer Garrett Crowe went to the Chattanooga Community Kitchen and explored their operation.
That Entrepreneurial Spirit