Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
A Different Sort of Recycling Program
The Chattanooga Community Kitchen has been with Chattanooga for thirty years. Besides feeding and clothing the homeless, the Community Kitchen also has a recycling program. Along with plastic, aluminum, tin, and paper, the Community Kitchen also recycles scrap metal, clothing, and house appliances.
One element that sets the Community Kitchen's recycling program from others is that they don't demand the recyclables to be sorted beforehand by their donors. Around and About producer Garrett Crowe went to the Chattanooga Community Kitchen and explored their operation.
That Entrepreneurial Spirit