Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
A Different Sort of Recycling Program
The Chattanooga Community Kitchen has been with Chattanooga for thirty years. Besides feeding and clothing the homeless, the Community Kitchen also has a recycling program. Along with plastic, aluminum, tin, and paper, the Community Kitchen also recycles scrap metal, clothing, and house appliances.
One element that sets the Community Kitchen's recycling program from others is that they don't demand the recyclables to be sorted beforehand by their donors. Around and About producer Garrett Crowe went to the Chattanooga Community Kitchen and explored their operation.
That Entrepreneurial Spirit