Most Active Stories
- Troubled Waters Ahead for Ocoee’s Rafting Industry?
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- U.S. Defense Secretary: Militarization of South China Sea Is Unacceptable
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
A Different Sort of Recycling Program
The Chattanooga Community Kitchen has been with Chattanooga for thirty years. Besides feeding and clothing the homeless, the Community Kitchen also has a recycling program. Along with plastic, aluminum, tin, and paper, the Community Kitchen also recycles scrap metal, clothing, and house appliances.
One element that sets the Community Kitchen's recycling program from others is that they don't demand the recyclables to be sorted beforehand by their donors. Around and About producer Garrett Crowe went to the Chattanooga Community Kitchen and explored their operation.
That Entrepreneurial Spirit