Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
Arts & Culture
Documentary Delves into 1977 Events in Skokie Illinois
The documentary Skokie: Invaded But Not Conquered takes a close look at events in a small village on the outskirts of Chicago when holocaust survivors and their families stood against the neo-Nazi organization, the National Socialist Party of America.
The community of Skokie Illinois would not permit the neo-Nazi group to march in their village, prompting a legal battle over First Amendment Rights that eventually ended up in the Supreme Court. The documentary includes news footage of the 1977 event, interviews and personal videos filmed during the confrontation. The Emmy award winning documentary Skokie: Invaded But Not Conquered was produced by the Illinois Holocaust Museum and can be seen on Georgia Public Television on Tuesday April 29 at 3:00 PM, Wednesday; April 30 at 6:00 pm; and Monday May 5 at 5 am.