Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Jazz Special On WUTC
Dryden's Tribute To Dave Brubeck Airs Wednesday Evening
'Dziekuje, Dave' will air at approximately 8:20 p.m. on Wednesday, December 12. WUTC's Ken Dryden is producing the two-hour special, named after a Brubeck composition honoring Chopin. Dryden will include rare recordings from his personal collection.
Dryden says, "The passing of Dave Brubeck last Wednesday had special meaning for me. My first exposure to his music was a Two Generations of Brubeck concert at Tulane in 1973. It ignited my interest in jazz, leading me to become a serious jazz collector, serving a 15 years stint producing Timeless Jazz for WUTC-FM, along with being a jazz journalist for the past quarter-century. I was fortunate to hear Brubeck in concert numerous times over the past four decades.
The pianist was a gracious interview subject as well on a regular basis.
I hope you’ll join me for my salute to Dave Brubeck. This two hour special, produced from my archives, will include a number of his recordings, interview excerpts and even a few performances that you’ve likely never before heard."
Dziekuje, Dave will air for two hours, beginning approximately 8:20 pm on Wednesday, December 12th.