Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Enterprise South Nature Park Grand Opening
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – Enterprise South Nature Park is now open to the public. This 2800 acre nature park is located beside the Volkswagen Plant on Volkswagen Drive in Chattanooga. Once a part of the Volunteer Army Ammunition Plant, this site is now the home of the region's newest green space, housing miles and miles of woodland trails and paved roads to support outdoor enthusiasts, hikers and mountain bikes.
The concrete bunkers that once housed explosives are sprinkled along the roads amid the hills in the park. A few of them are open as part of an historic exhibit but the rest are silent mounds along the scenic trails, a reminder of the former purpose of this land.