Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Enterprise South Nature Park Grand Opening
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – Enterprise South Nature Park is now open to the public. This 2800 acre nature park is located beside the Volkswagen Plant on Volkswagen Drive in Chattanooga. Once a part of the Volunteer Army Ammunition Plant, this site is now the home of the region's newest green space, housing miles and miles of woodland trails and paved roads to support outdoor enthusiasts, hikers and mountain bikes.
The concrete bunkers that once housed explosives are sprinkled along the roads amid the hills in the park. A few of them are open as part of an historic exhibit but the rest are silent mounds along the scenic trails, a reminder of the former purpose of this land.