Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
European Opera On WUTC-FM
By Mark Colbert
Chattanooga, TN. – Due to tough economic circumstances,
WFMT Fine Arts Network has suspended The Lyric Opera Of Chicago 2003 season. However, the network is providing us with
nine European Opera's from the archives of the European Broadcasting Union. These world-class performances have been heard by millions of listeners throughout the world. The commentator for the broadcasts is Roger Pines, Editorial Dramaturg of the Lyric Opera of Chicago. Below is a list of European Opera broadcasts.
5/3/03 - "Eugene Onegin" - Tchaikovsky
5/10/03 - "Gluck" - Iphigenie En Aulide
5/17/03 - "Donizetti" - Lucie De Lammermour
5/24/03 - "Cosi Fan Tuitte - W.A. Mozart
5/31/03 - "Edgar" - Puccini
6/7/03 - "Carmen" - Bizet
6/14/03 - "Alcina" - Handel
6/21/03 - "La Capricciosa Corretta -
Vincente Martin Y Soler
6/28/03 - "La Damnation De Faust - Berlioz