Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Behind the Lens
Everyone Sees Through a Frame: A Conversation with Gregg Segal
Photographer Gregg Segal's work has appeared in National Geographic, Esquire, and Rolling Stone. His subjects include professional cosplayers, senior Olympians, and actors such as Louis CK, Steve-O, and Forest Whitaker.
One of Segal's exhibits is currently on display in Chattanooga at Warehouse Row. It's called State of the Union and features Civil War re-enactors posing in mall parking lots and suburban neighborhoods. Recently, WUTC had a conversation with Gregg Segal about his childhood, artistic philosophy, and photographing superheroes.