Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
LOCAL MUSIC VENUE
Exploring McKenzie Arena's History
The largest music venue in Chattanooga is the McKenzie Arena located on the campus of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
Formerly UTC Arena and home of the UTC men's and women's basketball teams, the Roundhouse (as the arena is often called) is also where families come to enjoy concerts and other events. Monster truck pulls, the circus and Disney on Ice are annual events. The McKenzie Arena is also used for community events where local charities host fundraisers, sporting competitions and more.