Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
LOCAL MUSIC VENUE
Exploring McKenzie Arena's History
The largest music venue in Chattanooga is the McKenzie Arena located on the campus of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
Formerly UTC Arena and home of the UTC men's and women's basketball teams, the Roundhouse (as the arena is often called) is also where families come to enjoy concerts and other events. Monster truck pulls, the circus and Disney on Ice are annual events. The McKenzie Arena is also used for community events where local charities host fundraisers, sporting competitions and more.