Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Explosions In The News Hit Home For Boston Runner From Texas
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
If you think this has been an unbelievable week of news, try telling it to Joe Berti. Mr. Berti traveled to Boston for that city's marathon and crossed the finish line seconds before the first bomb exploded. He was OK and he went home to Texas, where he was close enough to a fertilizer plant to see it explode on Wednesday night. Some people might feel star-crossed at that point, but Mr. Berti considers himself lucky.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.