Arts & Culture
Family Fun With Winter Wonder at the Creative Discovery Museum
The exhibit includes a winter maze, cozy cottage, and animal tracks in the snow. Children of all ages can learn about the different tracks animals leave in the snow and dress up like their favorite forest animal. There are warm cozy areas for reading and puppets to act out winter stories. The Winter Wonders exhibit will remain at the museum through January 20, 2014.
The Holiday Shoppe offers the opportunity for children to do some holiday shopping and surprise a family member. Children bring small amounts of money with them and a volunteer will take the child into the Holiday Shoppe without the parents. The volunteer helps the child make suitable choices based on affordability and after the child has made their purchase the volunteer assists them with holiday wrapping.
The Holiday Shoppe is open from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, November 16 and 17
- Saturday and Sunday, November 23 and 24
- Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, November 27, 29, 30
- Sunday, December 1
- Saturday and Sunday, December 7 and 8
- Saturday and Sunday, December 14 and 15
- December 19-23
For an additional fee families can work together to construct a gingerbread house in the Gingerbread Workshops. The Creative Discovery Museum provides the gingerbread house, candies and icing while the family provides the creativity and fun. Reservations are required for the Gingerbread Workshop. To reserve by phone, call Nancy at (423) 648-6045 or Beth at (423) 648-6040.
Gingerbread House Workshop Dates & Times
- Friday, November 29 at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Saturday, November 30 at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 1 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7 at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14 at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 15 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21 at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 22 at 2 p.m.