Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Family Lines: Orchid Business in Third Generation
Joan McCandless has always had orchids in the backyard. Thousands of them. Her grandfather, Oliver Lines, and father, John Lines, started selling orchids on Signal Mountain more than 60 years ago.
Today, McCandless owns Lines Orchids. The greenhouses are located on Taft Highway on Signal Mountain, and McCandless recently opened up a second retail location in Warehouse Row. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller visited the greenhouses.