Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Family Lines: Orchid Business in Third Generation
Joan McCandless has always had orchids in the backyard. Thousands of them. Her grandfather, Oliver Lines, and father, John Lines, started selling orchids on Signal Mountain more than 60 years ago.
Today, McCandless owns Lines Orchids. The greenhouses are located on Taft Highway on Signal Mountain, and McCandless recently opened up a second retail location in Warehouse Row. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller visited the greenhouses.