Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Family Lines: Orchid Business in Third Generation
Joan McCandless has always had orchids in the backyard. Thousands of them. Her grandfather, Oliver Lines, and father, John Lines, started selling orchids on Signal Mountain more than 60 years ago.
Today, McCandless owns Lines Orchids. The greenhouses are located on Taft Highway on Signal Mountain, and McCandless recently opened up a second retail location in Warehouse Row. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller visited the greenhouses.