Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Family Lines: Orchid Business in Third Generation
Joan McCandless has always had orchids in the backyard. Thousands of them. Her grandfather, Oliver Lines, and father, John Lines, started selling orchids on Signal Mountain more than 60 years ago.
Today, McCandless owns Lines Orchids. The greenhouses are located on Taft Highway on Signal Mountain, and McCandless recently opened up a second retail location in Warehouse Row. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller visited the greenhouses.