Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Family Lines: Orchid Business in Third Generation
Joan McCandless has always had orchids in the backyard. Thousands of them. Her grandfather, Oliver Lines, and father, John Lines, started selling orchids on Signal Mountain more than 60 years ago.
Today, McCandless owns Lines Orchids. The greenhouses are located on Taft Highway on Signal Mountain, and McCandless recently opened up a second retail location in Warehouse Row. WUTC's Mary Helen Miller visited the greenhouses.