Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Financially-Strapped Mass. Man Wins Lottery
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 1:03 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with the story of Sandeep "Sunny" Sing. The Massachusetts man was certainly going through some tough times, working two jobs to help out his mom with money. And his girlfriend just dumped him. Sandeep was running late to one of his jobs and asked his sister to stop by and grab a few lottery tickets for him. Well, one was a winner. Sandeep's taking home a Mega Millions prize of more than $30 million. He said his first priority is to pay off his mom's mortgage. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.