Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
Financially-Strapped Mass. Man Wins Lottery
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 1:03 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with the story of Sandeep "Sunny" Sing. The Massachusetts man was certainly going through some tough times, working two jobs to help out his mom with money. And his girlfriend just dumped him. Sandeep was running late to one of his jobs and asked his sister to stop by and grab a few lottery tickets for him. Well, one was a winner. Sandeep's taking home a Mega Millions prize of more than $30 million. He said his first priority is to pay off his mom's mortgage. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.