Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Blue In The Face
Five Eat To Win At Market's Pie Contest
It was a good old-fashioned American competition at the Chattanooga Market on Sunday: a pie eating contest.
The market sponsored contests throughout the afternoon as part of its blueberry festival. Fork and Pie, the new restaurant and bar on Market Street, donated blueberry pies for the occasion. The first contest started at 11:30 a.m., and the competition was fierce.