Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- A 73-Year-Old Man vs Rebel Invaders: The Civil War Story Behind This Historical Marker
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
Taste Of Chattanooga
Five Ways Gaining Ground Is Using $1.65 Million To Grow Chattanooga's Local Food Scene
Gaining Ground has a 1.65 million dollar budget from the Benwood Foundation, and they're spending that budget toward several goals: increasing the number of food growers in the greater Chattanooga area, educating citizens about the importance of locally-grown food, and making it easier for area residents to find local produce and meat in stores and restaurants. Jeff Pfitzer, Program Director of Gaining Ground, joins us to discuss five ways the organization has worked toward those goals.