Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- Why Do Most Galaxies Die? It's A Case Of Strangulation, Scientists Say
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Harriet Tubman Wins Unofficial Contest To Be On $20 Bill
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Taste Of Chattanooga
Five Ways Gaining Ground Is Using $1.65 Million To Grow Chattanooga's Local Food Scene
Gaining Ground has a 1.65 million dollar budget from the Benwood Foundation, and they're spending that budget toward several goals: increasing the number of food growers in the greater Chattanooga area, educating citizens about the importance of locally-grown food, and making it easier for area residents to find local produce and meat in stores and restaurants. Jeff Pfitzer, Program Director of Gaining Ground, joins us to discuss five ways the organization has worked toward those goals.