Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Free Lunch for Thursday, July 24
Chattanooga, TN – The Free Lunch for Thursday, July 24 will be the latest release from bluegrass phenom Tim O'Brien titled Traveler, on Sugar Hill records.
For 20 years, O'Brien has been a major player in Americana music. His mandolin sty lings can be heard on numerous albums and his songwriting skills sung by many artists. He is best known for his songs Untold Stories and Walk the way the Wind Blows, both recorded by Kathy Mattea.
Now a successful songwriter on the Nashville scene, O'Brien returned to the recording studio to make Traveler. The album contains a mixture of contemporary bluegrass ballads with an Americana flavor. The 12 tracks on Traveler also feature some impressive guest artists. Those artists include John Doyle, Dirk Powell, Jerry Douglas, Edgar Meyer, and Bela Fleck to name a few.
Traveler is currently on WUTC's playlist and will be played in its entirety at noon on Thursday, July 24, 2003.
For more information on Tim O'Brien and his music, visit sugarhillrecords.com