Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Hotel Alcatraz Isn't Exactly Like The Prison
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Alcatraz Island was once home to Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. This week, a few lucky visitors are getting to spend a night in the Hotel Alcatraz. This version of the legendary prison is in London, not San Francisco Bay, part of a promotion for the sci-fi series Alcatraz that debuted in Britain this week. Hotel Alcatraz features guards instead of bellhops and rooms like cells. But a menu with something you wouldn't find behind bars - wine. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.