Most Active Stories
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Hundreds of Bikers Participate in Memorial Ride for Chattanooga Shooting Victims
- Chattanooga Gunman's Family Says He 'Suffered From Depression'
- Shootings In Chattanooga: What We Know About The Alleged Gunman
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Something To Do This Summer
IHelpChattanooga Connects Volunteers, Nonprofits
The United Way of Greater Chattanooga's Volunteer Center offers a web site for volunteers and nonprofit agencies to get together.
Giving back to the community through volunteer service is personally rewarding and benefits the community. To help volunteers find the right opportunity for their skills and interest, the Volunteer Center has included a web based system from the Hands On Network. The website allows individuals to develop a profile listing skills and interest as well as a searchable list of volunteer opportunities in the region. Nonprofit agencies list their volunteer needs and can track hours served. Corporations that monitor employee volunteerism in the community can sign up as a team to track their corporate impact through volunteerism. iHelpChattanooga.org also provides information on volunteer opportunities across America through the Hands On Network.