Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
Something To Do This Summer
IHelpChattanooga Connects Volunteers, Nonprofits
The United Way of Greater Chattanooga's Volunteer Center offers a web site for volunteers and nonprofit agencies to get together.
Giving back to the community through volunteer service is personally rewarding and benefits the community. To help volunteers find the right opportunity for their skills and interest, the Volunteer Center has included a web based system from the Hands On Network. The website allows individuals to develop a profile listing skills and interest as well as a searchable list of volunteer opportunities in the region. Nonprofit agencies list their volunteer needs and can track hours served. Corporations that monitor employee volunteerism in the community can sign up as a team to track their corporate impact through volunteerism. iHelpChattanooga.org also provides information on volunteer opportunities across America through the Hands On Network.