Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
Something To Do This Summer
IHelpChattanooga Connects Volunteers, Nonprofits
The United Way of Greater Chattanooga's Volunteer Center offers a web site for volunteers and nonprofit agencies to get together.
Giving back to the community through volunteer service is personally rewarding and benefits the community. To help volunteers find the right opportunity for their skills and interest, the Volunteer Center has included a web based system from the Hands On Network. The website allows individuals to develop a profile listing skills and interest as well as a searchable list of volunteer opportunities in the region. Nonprofit agencies list their volunteer needs and can track hours served. Corporations that monitor employee volunteerism in the community can sign up as a team to track their corporate impact through volunteerism. iHelpChattanooga.org also provides information on volunteer opportunities across America through the Hands On Network.