Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Something To Do This Summer
IHelpChattanooga Connects Volunteers, Nonprofits
The United Way of Greater Chattanooga's Volunteer Center offers a web site for volunteers and nonprofit agencies to get together.
Giving back to the community through volunteer service is personally rewarding and benefits the community. To help volunteers find the right opportunity for their skills and interest, the Volunteer Center has included a web based system from the Hands On Network. The website allows individuals to develop a profile listing skills and interest as well as a searchable list of volunteer opportunities in the region. Nonprofit agencies list their volunteer needs and can track hours served. Corporations that monitor employee volunteerism in the community can sign up as a team to track their corporate impact through volunteerism. iHelpChattanooga.org also provides information on volunteer opportunities across America through the Hands On Network.