Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Ill. Chef To Make Gigantic Green Bean Casserole
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Christmas dinner means different things to different people. Maybe you're into turkey and potatoes or seven kinds of fish. Mark Shoopman is into green beans. The Illinois chef is cooking 270 pounds of beans, along with 75 pounds of onions. His goal, according to WMBD in Peoria, is the largest green bean casserole in Central Illinois. Or the world, as far as I'm concerned. The monster dish will help feed nearly 2,000 people at a shelter. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.