Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
Ill. Chef To Make Gigantic Green Bean Casserole
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Christmas dinner means different things to different people. Maybe you're into turkey and potatoes or seven kinds of fish. Mark Shoopman is into green beans. The Illinois chef is cooking 270 pounds of beans, along with 75 pounds of onions. His goal, according to WMBD in Peoria, is the largest green bean casserole in Central Illinois. Or the world, as far as I'm concerned. The monster dish will help feed nearly 2,000 people at a shelter. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.