Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Inaugural Geotourism Conference Promotes Tennessee River Valley
The first regional Geotourism Conference will be held at the Chattanooga Mariott on Thursday August 15th beginning at 9 am. The guest speaker for the conference is National Geographic's John Campbell.
The East Tennessee River Valley Geotourism Council and the Southeast Watershed Forum are hosting the conference that will promote economical development combined with sustaining the natural beauty, culture and heritage of the region. Speakers for the conference include John Campbell from National Geographic, Dan Austin of Austin-Lehman Adventure, Chris Seek and Tennessee Department of Tourist Development Commissioner Susan Whitaker.
For more information on Geotourism in the region visit the Geotourism Mapguide. The conference will be from 9:00 am to 4:30 PM on August 15, 2013 at the Chattanooga Mariott.