Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- UTC Conference Addresses Youth Sports Injuries
Inaugural Geotourism Conference Promotes Tennessee River Valley
The first regional Geotourism Conference will be held at the Chattanooga Mariott on Thursday August 15th beginning at 9 am. The guest speaker for the conference is National Geographic's John Campbell.
The East Tennessee River Valley Geotourism Council and the Southeast Watershed Forum are hosting the conference that will promote economical development combined with sustaining the natural beauty, culture and heritage of the region. Speakers for the conference include John Campbell from National Geographic, Dan Austin of Austin-Lehman Adventure, Chris Seek and Tennessee Department of Tourist Development Commissioner Susan Whitaker.
For more information on Geotourism in the region visit the Geotourism Mapguide. The conference will be from 9:00 am to 4:30 PM on August 15, 2013 at the Chattanooga Mariott.