Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Inaugural Geotourism Conference Promotes Tennessee River Valley
The first regional Geotourism Conference will be held at the Chattanooga Mariott on Thursday August 15th beginning at 9 am. The guest speaker for the conference is National Geographic's John Campbell.
The East Tennessee River Valley Geotourism Council and the Southeast Watershed Forum are hosting the conference that will promote economical development combined with sustaining the natural beauty, culture and heritage of the region. Speakers for the conference include John Campbell from National Geographic, Dan Austin of Austin-Lehman Adventure, Chris Seek and Tennessee Department of Tourist Development Commissioner Susan Whitaker.
For more information on Geotourism in the region visit the Geotourism Mapguide. The conference will be from 9:00 am to 4:30 PM on August 15, 2013 at the Chattanooga Mariott.