Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Inaugural Geotourism Conference Promotes Tennessee River Valley
The first regional Geotourism Conference will be held at the Chattanooga Mariott on Thursday August 15th beginning at 9 am. The guest speaker for the conference is National Geographic's John Campbell.
The East Tennessee River Valley Geotourism Council and the Southeast Watershed Forum are hosting the conference that will promote economical development combined with sustaining the natural beauty, culture and heritage of the region. Speakers for the conference include John Campbell from National Geographic, Dan Austin of Austin-Lehman Adventure, Chris Seek and Tennessee Department of Tourist Development Commissioner Susan Whitaker.
For more information on Geotourism in the region visit the Geotourism Mapguide. The conference will be from 9:00 am to 4:30 PM on August 15, 2013 at the Chattanooga Mariott.