Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Hottdoggers & The Buns They Ride
Inside the Wienermobile
The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile has been rolling along the roadways of America since 1936 and the newest model of this hotdog icon stopped in Chattanooga for a few days.
The drivers of this 27 foot long plexiglas wiener are recent college graduates called hotdoggers. They are selected to drive the Wienermobile around the country for 1 year as brand ambassadors for Oscar Mayer. If you see the Wienermobile parked at a grocery store or event you can pop in to see the vehicle and speak with the hotdoggers. You can also pick up some coupons and an official Wiener Whistle. Find out where they are headed here.
The 2012 Oscar Mayer Wienermobile incorporates green energy with solar cells that power the electronics like the big screen television and dvd player when the vehicle power is off. The removable bunroof is useful for parades or letting in fresh air on the road. There are 6 Wienermobiles roaming America and 1 Oscar Layer Food Truck. The Wienermobile does not offer any food products to visitors, just whistles and warm smiles.