Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Hottdoggers & The Buns They Ride
Inside the Wienermobile
The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile has been rolling along the roadways of America since 1936 and the newest model of this hotdog icon stopped in Chattanooga for a few days.
The drivers of this 27 foot long plexiglas wiener are recent college graduates called hotdoggers. They are selected to drive the Wienermobile around the country for 1 year as brand ambassadors for Oscar Mayer. If you see the Wienermobile parked at a grocery store or event you can pop in to see the vehicle and speak with the hotdoggers. You can also pick up some coupons and an official Wiener Whistle. Find out where they are headed here.
The 2012 Oscar Mayer Wienermobile incorporates green energy with solar cells that power the electronics like the big screen television and dvd player when the vehicle power is off. The removable bunroof is useful for parades or letting in fresh air on the road. There are 6 Wienermobiles roaming America and 1 Oscar Layer Food Truck. The Wienermobile does not offer any food products to visitors, just whistles and warm smiles.