Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
One Year Later
'Just Plumb Gone': A Year After the Tornado in Apison, Tenn.
A year ago, a series of deadly tornadoes came through the area and killed 81 people in the Chattanooga region. Apison, Tennessee, was one of the places that was hit particularly hard.
This piece was produced from interviews with residents of Apison who survived the tornado of April 27, 2011. You'll hear Virginia Miller and her husband Tim Miller, who made a horrific discovery in their yard, Bob Dasal, the pastor of Apison Baptist Church, Margie Hullander, who lost loved ones, and Kenny Carter, who was lifted out of his home by the winds.
Special thanks to Spencer Miller for providing music.
Around the Nation