Most Active Stories
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Hundreds of Bikers Participate in Memorial Ride for Chattanooga Shooting Victims
- Chattanooga Gunman's Family Says He 'Suffered From Depression'
- Shootings In Chattanooga: What We Know About The Alleged Gunman
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
One Year Later
'Just Plumb Gone': A Year After the Tornado in Apison, Tenn.
A year ago, a series of deadly tornadoes came through the area and killed 81 people in the Chattanooga region. Apison, Tennessee, was one of the places that was hit particularly hard.
This piece was produced from interviews with residents of Apison who survived the tornado of April 27, 2011. You'll hear Virginia Miller and her husband Tim Miller, who made a horrific discovery in their yard, Bob Dasal, the pastor of Apison Baptist Church, Margie Hullander, who lost loved ones, and Kenny Carter, who was lifted out of his home by the winds.
Special thanks to Spencer Miller for providing music.
Around the Nation