Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
One Year Later
'Just Plumb Gone': A Year After the Tornado in Apison, Tenn.
A year ago, a series of deadly tornadoes came through the area and killed 81 people in the Chattanooga region. Apison, Tennessee, was one of the places that was hit particularly hard.
This piece was produced from interviews with residents of Apison who survived the tornado of April 27, 2011. You'll hear Virginia Miller and her husband Tim Miller, who made a horrific discovery in their yard, Bob Dasal, the pastor of Apison Baptist Church, Margie Hullander, who lost loved ones, and Kenny Carter, who was lifted out of his home by the winds.
Special thanks to Spencer Miller for providing music.
Around the Nation