Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Mon December 10, 2012 5:41 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And our last word in business today is Trump versus Forbes. The Forbes we're talking about is a Scotsman named Michael Forbes. He has the misfortune of living right next to Donald Trump's new golf course in Scotland. Forbes has refused to sell his property to Trump; and what has ensued is the war of words that you probably would expect between the property magnet, and anyone who gets in his way.
The latest flare-up? This week, Michael Forbes won the Top Scot Award, beating out Scottish tennis champion Andy Murray. The award's given by the Scottish whisky company that makes the famous Glenfiddich brand. Trump was furious that his nemesis won the award, and tweeted that the decision is an embarrassment to Scotland. And as final revenge, Donald Trump also tweeted that he will ban all Glenfiddich products at his resorts and properties.
He refers to the single malt Scotch as garbage alcohol. Well, Dad, if you're listening, you know that neither of us agree with that characterization.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm David Greene. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.