Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Ex-Interns Want Credit For Taco Bell Idea
Originally published on Thu April 10, 2014 7:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And our last word in business today is: Getting Credit for a Crunch.
Crunch, as in the sound of biting into a Doritos Locos Tacos. A variety Taco Bell has been serving since 2012. But four former Taco Bell interns say they came up with the idea all the way back in 1995. Andrea Watt and three fellow interns were told that their idea wasn't really all that marketable. But Taco Bell has netted $1 billion from the Doritos Locos Tacos. The former interns say they don't want money, just a little bit of recognition.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.